Friday 22 November 2013

3D Research, Development and Production - Shave and a Haircut

So now that I have gotten to grips with Shave and a Haircut in Maya I decided what better way to develop my skills with it than to create a roll of haystack for my scene! After a couple more tutorials from Digital Tutors I took to Maya.

Below I show my development process: (The initial process of applying and combing/styled I have skipped over)


Once I applied the Shave system to my geometry (a cylinder), I combed and styled the hair in the motion of a haystack.


Then I adjusted the colour/tone and tweaked a bit more.


Then took care of the "bald spots" and gave it more of a haystack look, until I was finally happy with what I achieved.


However there are still a few rendering errors that me and Mikey will need to sort out, also as you can see I am not trying to go TOO realistic with this shave and haircut system, as the scene and overall film is heavily stylised, it is important to work towards that style rather than create something ultra realistic but work away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment