Friday 15 November 2013

3D Research - Shave and Haircut

I like to try and explore new avenues during my projects and creating a film in an exterior farm environment gives me the perfect opportunity to explore one of the things I've had an itch to do; creating some beautiful grass.

Shave and Haircut is a plugin for Maya which allows the user to easily create, comb and style hair and fur. I have been experimenting with this plugin and created some pretty cool stuff. I'll be working with Mikey, my render artist to see if we can implement this well into my layout!

I spent a good afternoon learning about Shave and Haircut, it was well worth the effort!


Playing around with the combing features


Shave and Haircuts Shelf


Shave and Haircut Menu


Shave and Haircut settings

Let's compare previous grass tests to the grass tests now!

PREVIOUS



CURRENT GRASS TESTS!





I'm no lighting artist and yet these are looking good already! The Shave and Haircut tests are far softer and has a more "cartoonish" look to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment