Sunday 10 November 2013

A Big Change!

This week the team took a bit of a hit with the news that Amelia, one of my 3D Modellers, would no longer be working with us on the film. She says that she underestimated the size of her own project and is unable to carry on providing me with any more work.

Now this was pretty sad news for me to be honest, and quite the blow as it meant that the duties of Modelling Sofia (character model) would fall upon me as all the other modellers in the class were more than busy with their workload. This put me under pressure as it meant I would have had to add that to my schedule which was already pretty packed with things to do.

Having analysed and mulled over the situation for a day I talked to one of my mentors, Sultan, and we both agreed that the best course of action would be to use a Pre-Made Rig for the character of Sofia. Since I'm already using a pre-made rig for Bagboy's character, we agreed that simply using another one for Sofia wouldn't take away from the film.

So now me and Laura are going to take what we can from her Pre-Production development of Sofia and apply it to a pre-made rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment