Tuesday 3 December 2013

3D Rigging Test - Kite String

The current Kite Rig I have created for the film is functional but I wanted something further. So I tried to create a Stretchy IK Rig for the Kite, so that it would be possible to use 1 kite rig as an all purpose rig for any scene and scenario in the film. However there were some unconventional challenges I came across and was unable to solve, despite my best efforts.

I accessed the current Kite Rig (created using the nSpline Handle Tool, and rigged with a dynamic hair curve) and tried to build on it.













However my results were less than fruitful;







It was extremely frustrating that while the Stretchy rig works, it doesn't work too great in tandem with my dynamic rig. I believe it has something to do with the cluster behaviour, I will need to develop this further, or rethink this.

No comments:

Post a Comment