Thursday 12 December 2013

Placing Cameras and Cinematography

Seeing as we will start Animating very soon, it was time to set up the cameras (for Act 1 and Act 2 anyway!). This was fairly easy in a way because I had earlier taken the initiative to create a 3D Pre-visualisation scene in Maya, this made it very easy for me to reference my pre visualisation file and re-set up my cameras. However, some changes did occur, this was mostly due to the transition from my Pre visualisation to Zoe's Set Modelling, which we adjusted for a better sense of composition to the entire scene.



It was important to keep cinematography consistent and to keep pushing the perpectives whilst getting that golden rule of thirds and hitting the sweet spot, below you can see an example of me setting up a shot and using my Field Chart function in Maya to nail where I want the action to go (in this case its slightly right and above from the centre line)





No comments:

Post a Comment