Monday 9 December 2013

Rig Testing and Animation Testing

Now that my rigs are ready I have dedicated this week to thoroughly testing the rigs for the film. I feel that this is an extremely necessary step in any pipeline as it saves time later when animating and avoids faults.

I have been animating Bagboy in one of his walk cycles that will be in the film. I felt that this shot captured his happy go lucky spirit so it would make for a fun introduction to animating the film. 



I ran into some errors with my blendshapes however when I went to give some secondary action + follow through to the bag:


I realised the error; my blendshapes were not parented under my Head IK Control Curve, because of this the blendshapes were trying to deform the bag as if it were in a default straight position. So once I parented the controls to where they needed to be...


My controls are now fixed


No comments:

Post a Comment