Saturday 14 December 2013

Finally solving the Kite String Rig!

After  much deliberation I was able to figure out a clever way in which I could create an effective String Rig for the film.


Create a NURBS Curve using the CV Curve Tool


Rebuild the Curve, with 200 Spans (Vertex's)


Making the selected Curve Dynamic as an nHair


Result


Extruding a Nurbs Circle along the Nurbs Curve


Making the Nurbs Curve Self Collide, and then adjusting the collision thickness



Results

Now I need a method in which I can create a controller at the bottom of the rope so that if attached to an object (in my case Bagboy's Spindle), it will automatically follow along.


Using a Script downloaded from LesterBanks called SoftClusterEX, I created a Cluster with Soft Selection at the bottom of the rope, this will be where the Rope will be attached to the Spindle.






No comments:

Post a Comment