Friday 25 October 2013

Concept Design: Sedan

There are two vehicles in my scene, and they are both mainly used to fill the enviroment, give it a bit more life and for things such as camera cuts etc.

One of the vehicles is a Sedan, basically your classic car shape.

For this design I looked first at images of various 90's American Sedan's and Hatchbacks.





Now the key in all the above vehicles is it's very square, albeit with rounded corners, shape. As well as this it has a very forward momentum about it, the angled bonnet as opposed to the flat boot of the car, and of course the long slightly bullet like shape.

So I roughed out some sketches and designs.


And with some ideas roughed out I thought it best to acquire some blueprints from the net (to use as a base) and begin creating my own blueprint designs.




And here is the finished concept for me to provide to my modeller; I created two different versions (one with a flat bonnet and one with a slanted bonnet, and we both agreed that the flat bonnet version was the one to go with as the slanted bonnet made it feeling too askew.)




UPDATED: 

Here is the finished model completed by Amelia:








No comments:

Post a Comment