Monday 7 October 2013

(Re) Beginning

On The Fence is a film about young, unadulterated love.

That's truly the best way I can sum up the concept for this simple, short, no nonsense film I have in mind.

Initially my 3rd year plans were quite different, I was set to make a very different sort of film, with a far more epic and intense feel to it. However I soon realised my ambition was getting the best of me, and knew that the project would never be realised to the level I envisioned it to, and felt it best to put it on the shelf for the time being and go for something more simple. 

And that's how On The Fence was born. 

Simple stories, they say, always make the best short films, and this story is truly a boy meets girl sort of thing. It's all very cutesy, and I just want to leave the audience with a warm, fuzzy feeling on the inside at next year's film showings! So without further ado, let's begin

I have roped in team members for this project already;

Laura Knighton - Laura will have the role of Visual Development Artist, taking my sketches and concept ideas and developing them with her artistic talent in digital painting and drawing. Since I am a weak visual development artist myself, Laura will be a key asset to the project in terms of pre-production as my vision will be realised in artwork through her. She will also be an Animator and Texture Artist during Production.

Laura Knighton Blog: 
http://lauraknighton3rdyear.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/All%20Posts

Amelia George and Zoe Cheale - Amelia and Zoe will be doing mainly Modelling, as they wants to build their skills there, which I am fine with. It will be my responsability to guide them thoroughly through their processes and provide them with sufficient material so that there is a good level of synergy through development. 

Amelia George Blog:

Zoe Cheale Blog:



Michael Mcfadyen - Michael will be working with me as the Lighter and Render Artist on my project. His skills in the lighting and rendering field far surpass my own and as such it will be down to Mikey to make sure the look and feel of the film is really pinned down in 3D. I will be working quite closely with Mikey during the Production phase.

Michael Mcfadyen Blog: http://michaelmacfadyenyear3.blogspot.co.uk/

Myself - I will be handling some aspects of Pre-Production, mainly story and initial sketches. Also a 3D Generalist doing some minor things, modelling and rigging the character of Sofia and using my technical knowledge built from the 2nd Year for the rigging and dynamics processes of the film. To further enhance my Animation Reel I will also be animating many scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment