Friday 25 October 2013

New Layout Style

With my redesigned Layout, the kind of style I want to go for is simple. Completely simple.

So no more realistic grass, no realistic style textures, no extreme details for the tree, barn etc.

I'm going to be using Shape Grammar to break my Set and props down and give meaning to things, treat my set as it's own character and let in live and breath in this 3D space.

In terms of raw style I'm considering a direction where the end result is quite stylised, has a strong sense of appeal and overall a real great use of shape.

Burning Safari - This style is quite simplistic and blocky and it's great as it truly works for short films.

Sapling - This is an extremely great style that is very doable at my level and capabilities and would make for a strong feel to the film.

Both films are similarly styled and this is the sort of route I need to be going down to really appeal to the audience, and make them care for these characters and story.

No comments:

Post a Comment