Friday 25 October 2013

Concept Design - Wind Pump


Previously I created the above concept for the wind pump.

However since the style makeover, the wind pump needs a change!


The wind pump is the only thing on the ranch which has a "mechanical" feel to it, so it was a tough job trying to figure out how to stylise it for the environment. Eventually I realised that perhaps if the frame remained the same, but the fin shape changed, it just might work!

So I cooked up a few designs for the shape of the fin;


Now this gave me a better perspective on things. From this I decided that the top left fin shape was the one I felt would be the best fit. It almost had a tulip shape, which is great because it's a soft sort of shape, one that I'd like for that side of the fence.



Tulip!


So with that in mind I just reworked the concept a little bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment