Sunday 20 October 2013

Props and Set Development


The very first concept I created for the film was of this old car. Seeing as I'm going for the whole American Farm setting, it only seems right to have cars (which only act as environmental fillers, screen transition assistants etc.) that fit into the landscape.


A pickup truck was just one of those old school American assets that I feel really represent the true American vehicle. I've taken inspiration from Nissan's line of 1990's Pickups.



Basic Picket Fence concept, there was still quite a bit of thought that required to go into the fence, such as whether I go for Pickets, or simple posts etc. I chose pickets in the end because they bring about a pleasent homely feel to the scene, and I want the audience to carry that feeling of warmth and homeliness through the entire film.


Here is the barn concept/blueprint, I already had a solid idea of what I wanted the main barn to look like and so it was a simple matter of planning and sketching where certain architectural elements needed to be.


Here is the Wind pump concept, again this was pretty basic but I had to make sure that I presented a simplified wind pump to my modeller as I didn't require too much detailing for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment